Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

Todd and I watching fireworks

Me and my two sisters I never had: Brooklyn and Michelle
(they're actually my cousins and I adore them!)



Rio the family dog enjoying fireworks with the family



I just thought this was funny. My brother was trying to be sexy while putting on sunblock.



Yep! I'm one of THOSE moms. I had to put Gabbie in a 4th of July outfit.

The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love Utah summers, BBQ's, swimming and enjoying family and friends. This year, we had a very busy 4th of July weekend. For the first time in 4 years, all of Todd's brothers and their families were in town and we spent a lot of time with them. We had family pictures taken and it was great to visit with my brothers, sisters, and their kids. We spent Sunday afternoon with them at a Crane Family BBQ with two families they grew up with and it was fun to sit and visit with all our loved ones.

On the fourth we went up to spend time with my family in Layton. My favorite uncle and his family flew up from St. George and we spent the day swimming in my parent's pool, barbecuing, and then watching fireworks. My little brother even spent the entire day with us and I was so excited because that is a rare occurence!





With so much excitement this past weekend, it was a little overwhelming for Gabbie. Gabbie is a very social baby and loves people. Because this past weekend was so busy meeting new cousins and family members it really threw her little schedule off and she was pretty irritable and fussy and wouldn't take her daily naps. She was cranky and as a result-I was too! She's been able to get back in the swing of things and now she is back to her regular schedule.

Even though we had a very long and very exhausting weekend, we loved being around our great families. We spent the entire weekend laughing and talking and I am sad it is over. I tend to be a very reflective individual and as I was sitting with my family on the 4th watching fireworks, I am very thankful for the family I was born into and the family I married into. I am very blessed to have such incredible people in my life, faults and all, and in the end family is truly what matters the most.


5 comments:

  1. rachel! I LOVE how cute Gabbie is in her 4th of July outfit, so you! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that 4th of july outfit is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabbie is so beautiful!!! Your 4th looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how reflective you are! You are helping remind me how thankful we should be for everything, family, traditions, etc. Thanks! Gabbie is adorable. You better be the kind of mom who dresses her girls with big bows and holiday clothing!!! She's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and Gabbie looked so adorable in her 4th of July outfit!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete