Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Crane and Co photography

Dear Friends-

I am amazed at the response I have received regarding my free family portraits. Quite honestly, I was NOT expecting the amount of family requests I have received!  I'm sure it's because I was offering the session for free although I'd like to think it's because of my stellar skills! Heh,  heh, heh...

I've recently decided with the influx of requests coming in that  I will need to start charging for photos.  The most time consuming part of photography is the time spent editing pictures in photoshop and after many long hours of working on just one family, I am going to start charging a processing fee of $75.  That is a killer price considering what other photographers are charging.  There are two other women in my neighborhood who are photographers-who are incredible mind you AND have had a lot more experience  and they charge $300-$400 for an hour of their time with your family.  I also have a friend who takes pictures and she charges $95.  Sure, you can go to Kiddie Kandids or Sears and have your pictures taken but those studios don't take the time to edit well or give your pictures special attention to detail and quality AND they don't look as good!

I just want to make it clear that if you already left me a comment and have talked to me about getting your pics taken, I WILL NOT CHARGE YOU.  The $75 is for any new requests I get from today on. Thank you all for your support and for the opportunity to increase my knowledge and skills. With your help, I will be able to finally do something I enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. You should charge more, $75 is nothing for the time and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel! I would love for you to do our family portraits and I'd be happy to pay the $75. So we'll talk more about it when you have time.

    ReplyDelete