Monday, April 6, 2009

The Waiting Game

Last week I went to my doctor for my weekly check-up and he told me I was dilated to a 2 and that I was 50% effaced. YAY! He also stripped my membranes for me and hopefully that'll speed things up. He said by doing that, most women on average go into labor earlier and it decreases time being pregnant. BRING IT ON! Nothing has happened yet that would cause me to go to the hospital but I'm hoping this baby makes her appearance soon. I'm fat, uncomfortable, I can't breathe, and I can't sleep. Someone get this kid out of me!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Rachel good luck! I've had that done both times and no such luck. However, it does work for some, so I hope you fall into that group! Good luck. I am so excited for the two of you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I am getting excited!!! Hang in there!!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know when she comes! I want to bring you guys dinner :) Email me or facebook me or something...bring a laptop to the hospital, its great they have wireless! Believe me, you will want the break from reality in the middle of the night when you can't sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking in!! I'm anxiously waiting for the news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't gotten a phone call yet so I'm guessing nothing yet... You never know when babies want to come! The only time it worked for stripping the membranes was for Chandler - he came shooting out within 18 hours! It will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH! The waiting game is over! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete