
As many of you know, I am a huge Twilight fan. I love the story and I have a huge crush on Edward. When the movie was being filmed, I was super excited and some gals at work and I would scour websites on line to see photos from the set. When the movie was released, my mom, cousin and I went to a special screening and I convinced myself that I loved the movie. If some of you are as obsessed about the series as I am, you too already have the DVD and have watched it a couple of times. I have to say, this time around, I am a tad disappointed in the film. The acting is horrible, the screen play sucks and the special effects are far from anything spectacular. For instance, how about the scene where James bites Bella and Carlisle tells Edward he needs to suck the venom out of her to save her life. Edward closes his eyes and really dramatically says, "Caaaaarrrlllisle!" WHAT? Or how about the scene when Edward tells Bella he is a vampire and he's jumping from tree to tree-the effects are horrible! Alice can't act, Bella is very dark, and half the actors look like they're wearing wigs. I am surprised that Catherine Hardwicke (the director) didn't cut the filming in some parts and ask the actors to tone it down a bit. I am very glad there is a new director filming the sequel who has had more experience with special effects on big films. In my obsessed opinion, in order for New Moon to be a box office hit, the following points need to be taken into consideration during filming:
1) What's Edward doing while he is "away"? Let's face it, the thing that makes these books so good is Edward and I thought New Moon was the most depressing book in the series. What is he doing? I hope the director shows him in pain for leaving Bella and also hunting down Victoria.
2) Alice and Bella's relationship needs to be expanded on. In the book, they are very connected and the film needs to show how "tight" they are to each other.
3) The werewolves better bring it! I sure hope this new director is as good as everyone says he is with special effects. The werewolves better dance the pants off of the vampires.
4) Volturi-are they going to be as creepy as they are in the book?
5) Edward's return. Okay, the best part of New Moon for me, is when Edward returns to Forks. The emotions he and Bella feel better be real and none of this, "I'm sorry, let's make up!" It needs to be heart felt and REAL...minus the corniness that some scenes in the Twilight movie had.
Anywho, yes, I know I am a weirdo for both writing a blog about this and being so dedicated to Twilight but come on! Make the next movie something to write home about!
You took the words right out of my mouth, the best part of the movie is the cafeteria scene where Edward enters for the first time!!! I completely agree with your assessment of what New Moon needs too! Cant wait to see it with you this fall! Also they need to improve the recipe for their "Twilight Forbidden Fruits Sweetheart" Candy, those things taste terrible! SHC Edward Fan Club doesnt shine as bright without you!
ReplyDelete