Gabbie was blessed on Saturday, May 9th 2009. We decided to hold the blessing in our clubhouse to make it a more intimate setting and we had about 30 family members show up. My uncle has always blessed all his children in his home and I've always wanted to carry on the tradition with my family. That way, no one ever feels like they have to stand up and give the obligatory testimony about being thankful to be new parents. Quite frankly, that isn't our style and secondly, there are tons of families in my ward who are having trouble getting pregnant and I did not want to make them feel bad by going up and saying how blessed I am. I know when we were having trouble getting pregnant, I used to get kind of mad when people did that! I guess I am brat! :)
Todd did a wonderful job of blessing our little girl. He blessed her to always remember the significance of her name and always look to God for her strength. He told her that many people love her very much and she will always have people to turn to for help but ultimately she would need to look to the Savior for help and guidance. He told her she would someday be an advocate for those searching for the gospel and she would help many in their struggle for a testimony in Jesus Christ. Gabbie was blessed with the opportunity to marry in the temple someday and have a family and she was blessed with good health and a long, happy life if she lived righteously. She was also told to have patience with her parents as we have had patience with her. I hope and pray that Gabbie has a happy, long life and that we can teach her right and give her many happy memories.
Gabbie wore the blessing dress I wore when I was blessed as a baby and so that was very fun and meaningful and maybe someday her daughters will also wear the same dress to carry on the tradition. Gabbie is still pretty small and the dress was huge on her but she looked beautiful and behaved pretty well for a 3 1/2 week old baby!
We love you Gabbie and are so thankful you are a part of our family!
What a special day! I love blessing days of little precious babies. I love sitting and thinking about the special things that are said. Thank you for sharing all those sweet things. Way to look so great after 3 1/2 weeks!! I also love baby blessing dresses that have history. I've never considered being able to have a intimate blessing. I bet that was more relaxing and enjoyable by all. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteShe looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteShe is so sweet! What a wonderful day for you guys! I bet the spirit was so strong! You and Todd are just so amazing! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteSounds wonderful! What a special day for you!
ReplyDelete