Sunday, May 3, 2009

Andrea, Dustin, and Avery Miller


This is such great news that I had to post something on my blog about it. I have a dear, close friend that I went to college with and have stayed tight with ever since. My buddy Andrea have gone through a lot together and we have become very close because it took us both a long while to have a family. Andrea and I both went through miscarriages together and cried over our disappointments. Andrea and her sweet husband finally felt prompted to look into adoption through LDS Family Services and shortly after, a dear birth mother picked them to be the parents of her child. It's been such a great experience to watch Andrea as her dream unfolded before her eyes. Finally she was receiving her chance to become the thing she wanted to be the most, a mother! She and her hubby had suffered for far to long and her time was long overdue. I have watched as their daughter finally joined their family and I have seen Andrea become an excellent mother and I have seen her life shine with happiness as her little Avery has entered their home.

Yesterday Todd and I had the awesome opportunity to witness Andrea, Dustin, and Avery be sealed together for eternity in the Draper Temple. I have never been to a family sealing and by far, it was one of the most touching things I have been a part of. To see a little family be sealed for time and all eternity was one of the most beautiful things I have witnessed. Finally Andrea and Dustin are whole and now Avery can receive the blessings of an eternal family. I hope someday little Avery realizes how lucky she is! She was blessed into a home where she was wanted dearly, where she is loved, where she will always be free from abuse and neglect, and where she will be taught the gospel. I am so thankful we have temples and for the plan of our Heavenly Father. This life is truly all about families and I am thankful to have witnessed something so sweet and precious. I am so happy for the Millers and that they are finally a family forever!

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet. Thank you so much for your kinds words. Thank you also for being in the temple with us. It meant a lot to have you there. You are a dear friend and I am SO HAPPY that we both get to be moms now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you were able to attend such a wonderful experience. Seriously, I LOVE attending them because it makes everything in life, marriage, family, kids so real and seem so perfectly Eternal. I couldn't be more happy for the TWO of you new mommies. The Lord apparently new why it has taken so long, but now that it's here I can tell you are both so thankful and in heaven! What cute girls I got to attend college with. I'm so proud of you both! You both are natural mothers. :)

    ReplyDelete