Todd and I have been working on a nightly bedtime routine with Gabbie and one of the things we do each night is read her a story. When I tell family and friends this, they laugh at us because usually babies won't pay attention. Not Gabbie! When we read to her she looks at all the pictures and she tries to read along with her loud cooing and ahhing. Todd was putting Gabbie to sleep the other night and I thought this was a very sweet sight to see.
Very sweet picture!!
ReplyDeleteI love the night time and reading stories! Some of my "sweetest" times!
Oh that is sooo cute! I am a huge believer in reading to babies. That's one great way that they can learn language. You may not see the benefits now but they will definitely show up later. I have a short book called Reading Magic you can borrow. It actually makes you feel way behind if you hadn't started reading to them since birth. I was never that good. Ian LOVES books. It's the only thing he'll sit still on my lap for. I can't help but wonder if it was because we started him as young as Gabbie. She is getting cuter and cuter. I need to come visit soon.
ReplyDeleteThat is a really sweet picture of your hubby and Gabbie! What a good mom you are!
ReplyDelete