Today Todd and I celebrate 8 years of marriage together. I can't believe how time has flown by! Every year we usually have a tradition of going to a local bed and breakfast but Gabbie has made us change our plans for the first time we've been together. Yesterday we went to Tiburon for dinner and then we saw The Proposal. Such a cute movie! It was great to be out together alone without our baby even though she was the topic of most of our conversations.
I am so thankful I have Todd as my husband. I received a lot of negative feedback from a lot of people when I married him because I was only 19. Looking back on it now, even though I was very young, Todd is exactly what I needed at that point in my life. I was not at a postive place at the time and I needed Todd to help me get through some tough issues and be on my own and learn to accept myself and my life. He has been an incredible companion and I am thankful to have lived with him through some very hard times. The hardest times in our marriage have been associated with the greatest blessings we have experienced and it has been well worth it to have gone through some painful things to become the couple we are today.
I feel safe in my relationship with Todd and I've never had that in any relationship I've had in my life. Todd is unjudgmental, patient, and loving. He is faithful to me and to our beliefs and he is my hero. At one point Todd had to choose between friends and the world vs. family and the gospel and he bravely chose his family and our religious beliefs. Doing so he has become such an incredible person and I admire him for turning his back on poisonous influences and he has tried dilligently to do what is right and constantly looks for ways to improve his life and those around him.
I am thankful he and I now have the greatest little gift in our lives we could ever ask for. Gabbie is now the finishing piece to our family and she is the glue that holds our family unit together. I am glad I get to share this with Todd and I look forward to many, many more years of great adventures with him.
I love you Todd! Here's to a great 8 years of marriage!
Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a cute couple and family!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it has been 8 years!!!! Congrats! And I hope you never felt negative vibes from our branch of the family! We love you guys - I have a story about it - I'll email you.....
ReplyDeleteMuch love - xoxo
Happy Anniversary! You have reminded me that I never ended up posting my anniversary tribute! Thanks for the reminder!!! I couldn't be move happier for the two of you. It is great in life when we all move along together, patient, forgiving, and working through it all! Thanks for your example.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the eight years! I have been lucky enough to be around for most of your journey together and I gotta say, you two are an amazing example of true love. I am so happy to see you become parents and share that incredible love with your children. Love you both!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are such great examples to us! We love you all! Happy anniversary!
ReplyDelete