Monday, January 4, 2010

Grocery Shopping Hall of Fame





How much would you normally pay for this much groceries? What do you think I paid?
I bought:
5 boxes of cereal
5 bottles ketchup
10 cans refried beans
15 pounds of spaghetti
produce a go-go: onions, limes, mango, clementines, broccoli, iceberg and romaine lettuce, apples, bananas, green onions, celery and carrots
8 pounds of chicken
4 packages soft tortilla shells
3 boxes of crackers
3 bags of cookies
4 bottles of detergent
10 rolls of toothpaste
butter
cream cheese
eggs
4 cans green chilies
bacon
2 boxes of 100 calorie snacks
2 lbs shredded cheese
2 packages yeast
yoshida sauce
2 packages chocolate chips
enchilada sauce
peanuts
sunflower seeds
whipping cream
2 boxes of popcorn
My mom guessed about $250 and one of my friends guessed $210.
All this stuff for under $150...deals to meals, how I love you! Let me count the ways!


2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am sending a copy of this blog to my sister so she can view it. You will make her day!!! :) She LOVES hearing feed back from her fans, and she LOVES pictures even more. I am so glad you are as hooked as I am. We just need to hook up and price match together at Wal-mart! Why haven't I bumped into you yet? We do after all live so close to each other!!! :)

    ReplyDelete