I absolutely love the Olympics! Whenever I hear the Olympic song, I get chills and I sometimes even get tears in my eyes. Call me a sentimental geek but I love it! I love that this is one time where the entire world comes together and unites in an event. I love cheering for every country and I feel bad when people fall or mess up regardless of what country they are from. Even though I don't understand most of the sports that are part of the games (i.e. luging or curling) I watch anxiously as athletes around the world compete. Before I die, I have a goal attend one of my favorite events-women's figure skating.I love women's figure skating. When I used to watch the games as a kid, I would stay glued to the television as Nancy Kerrigan and Kristi Yamaguchi skated their hearts out. I would then put on my ballet leotards and jump into the air trying to mimic all the fancy jumps and turns. Weird kid, I know! :) I cannot wait for the women's skating event to be on the air!
Speaking of skating, I do have to admit one thing that I 1) don't understand and 2) can't even bear to watch. MEN'S FIGURE SKATING. Um...What the heck? As hard as I try I cannot take these men seriously. Sure, they all have butts I could only dream of having and they are so dang good on the ice but really...mens' figure skating? There's something about them prancing around on the ice that just makes me roll my eyes. I have nothing against guys participating in artsy events. HECK! I was a dancer for a long time and I had to dance with guys all the time. I even enjoy watching men's gymnastics in the summer Olympics and I'll admit I get a laugh out of Drag Queens. But figure skating? I wonder if the rest of the manly-men in the Olympics give these skaters crap in the Olympic Village in Vancouver. I'm just going to say it but maybe sometimes some events should just be left to the women to compete in in the games.
No comments:
Post a Comment