Sunday, March 21, 2010

Photo of the week! Wahoo!

I recently started my photography class and I am having such a great time! Our first lesson was on composition and I was happy to get out of the house with Gabbie and take some pictures for my assignment. We went to the zoo one day, This is the Place Heritage Park on another and then to the SLC cemetery for the last part. One of my photos that you will see below was picked as photo of the week for my photography school! I am so excited and like a total geek, I think I am going to put it on my fridge like my mom did with my art work in elementary school.First assignment: Get in really close to your subject to increase the composition of the photo. Sometimes too much space away from your subject does not make a good picture. This is the BEFORE photo.


This is the AFTER photo of a pair of giraffes I took.
This is the photo of the week! I am thrilled! For this assignment we had to find lines leading to our image. I loved this picture's point of view. Below is the BEFORE shot before I found a great line leading to the subjects.
Assignment: Take a picture of an image from as many angles as you can. This is located at the SLC cemetery and is called, "The Christmas Box Angel". This is for anyone who has lost a child and it is extremely touching. This is the before photo and below is the AFTER photo.
HALLELUJAH!

3 comments:

  1. you are going to be an excellent photographer! I love the angel picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! So you're going to a class? Fill me in...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Rachel!!! I think that's great you are doing that! How fun!

    ReplyDelete