Friday, March 19, 2010

Ode to Kelly


So many of my posts have been about my beloved friend and cousin, Clint, but I really need to write something about his amazing wife, Kelly. Kelly has been my favorite cousin for as long as I can remember. Growing up, she lived in California and I lived here in Utah. Every summer we'd get to see each other and I remember how excited I was when we reunited after a long year a part. She has always been someone I could be myself around and all my memories with her make me laugh and bring a smile to my face. When I was with Kelly I wished I could live close to her so that I would have a best friend by my side all the time. Imagine my delight when Kelly started dating my husbands best friend-CLINT! I was so excited that there would always be such a special connection between the four of us because of best friends and cousins. This past year, I have watched with awe and amazement as my sweet cousin stood by her husband as he courageously battled cancer and to me, she will always be a heroine and an inspiration in my life.

I am amazed by Kelly's strength, faith and love. Kelly is a warrior and is truly an elect and a choice daughter of our Heavenly Father. The Lord gives the strongest of His spirits some of the hardest trials and what has happened this past year and how she has handled everything speaks the truth of that fact. All of us have to go through afflictions in this life but Kelly's situation is one I don't think I could handle well. Never once during this past year has Kelly complained about being Clint's wife, care taker, bread winner, cheerleader, nurse, listening ear, accountant, maid, beautician and head of the household. She has had every reason to quit and fall apart but if anything, she has been strong and upbeat. I don't know how she has done it!

I believe with all my heart that Kelly is one of the biggest heroines I have ever met. She hasn't fallen apart, she fulfills many, many roles while still keeping her sanity, AND she has remained faithful. Kelly is incredible and she makes me want to be a better wife, friend, mother and daughter.

Kelly, I love you very, very much and I am amazed by your strength, faith and love. We are here for you and will help you and take good care of you and the girls. You will be blessed tremendously by the Lord and you are forever in our prayers.

I love you. Sistas forever!

1 comment: