Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy First Birthday Gabbie Girl!


Gabbie's special day started with a trip to the aquarium.  I bought a season pass for us this past summer and she loves to go and look at all the colorful fish.  Afterwards we took her to McDonald's and let her have her very first Happy Meal.  She loved every bite and was sucking all the salt off her french fries.  Yep...judge me...go ahead!  I let my one year old eat chicken mcnuggets AND french fries. 


We decided to get cupcakes for her special day instead of a huge cake that we would have tons-o-leftovers from. These beautiful things came from the darling bakery, "The Sweet Tooth Fairy" in Draper.  And yes, I know what you are thinking.  They do taste as good as they look.
Birthday decor.  I made those darling poms hanging from the ceiling!  They were one of the easiest things in the whole world and I wish I had known about them before decorating Gabbie's nursery when I was prego.

Gabbie's birthday centerpiece!!!!
SO SPOILED!
Gabbie and Papa
So if you thought less of me for letting my kid have a Happy Meal, you'll be even more pleased to know I let her have pizza for dinner.  Go ahead...judge away!  She loved it and you only turn 1 once!
Yes...this is who I get my classy sense of humor from.  MY MAMA! I think she's hilarious if I do say so myself. 
Gabbie thought Nana looked hilarious too so she had to take a turn with the tutu on her head as well.
My mom heard of a first birthday tradition where you set out a loaf of bread, cash, and a book in front of your baby. Whatever one your baby goes to first is the path they will choose in life.  Bread means health, cash means wealth obviously, and a book means education. When we set these things down in front of Gabbie, with no hesitation whatsoever, she went straight for the money.  Great....Real House Wives of  Orange County anyone? 
Grandma and Grandpa Bob got Gabbie her first Bitty Baby and she kept hugging and giving it kisses.  It was the cutest thing I have ever seen!  It makes me feel good that she has been doing that to her doll instead of yelling at it or hitting it!  At least she sees how much we love her and she is modeling the behavior on her dolly.
Grandma and Grandpa Bob
Aunt Lisa and Aunt Carrie
My parents and my little bro Todd. 
Gabbie kept insisting Daddy eat her cupcake too
Digging in! YUMMMMMMMYYYYY!

I can't believe how fast our first year with Gabbie has flown by.  When I first had her, everyone always told me to enjoy every minute with her because it goes by so fast and boy were they right!  I can honestly say I have savored every moment with her, even though many times have been hard, and she is the greatest thing that has ever happened to us.  She is so happy and good natured and she makes me laugh.  I love seeing her smiling face in the morning and I love cuddling with her. She is sassy but I actually really love it and when she's not looking and I'm supposed to be disciplining her, I giggle at the sassy-pants things she does.  Being a mom has been the best job I have ever had and I would never trade it for anything in the world. I would do everything I could to always be at home with her and I have loved being Gabbie's mommy.

6 comments:

  1. What a neat day!! You are so creative with all the things you did for her birthday! What a lucky girl to have you and Todd as parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant say enough about this post! first off:
    what a special day you made for her, from the decorations to the outfit, and the cupcakes, and the "junk" food!! what fun! you are a great mom!

    secondly you have to tell me how to make those paper pom pom decorations!! they are so cute!

    third, I love the "bread, money, book" test! How hilarious! and finally that picture of her with the doll is the sweetest thing ever!

    you are so blessed!!!!
    Happy b-day Gabbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love everything!!! Gosh I must be a horrible mommy - I went to Paris with my friends for Tristian's first birthday! Just don't tell her! (it was my friends from CA so it was the only time we could go!) I like the bread, money, book thing - never heard of it! And Santa brought my girls Bitty Babies, but Tristy especially loves hers too!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tutu is darling! LOVE IT!! Happy birthday to Gabbie! What a happy girl and she's lucky to have you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a great party. We loved the pictures. You have become quite the photographer.
    Love,
    Bob and Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe she is already one! Time goes by so quickly! What a fun day for her! Happy Birthday, Gabbie!

    P.S. I am loving all of the beautiful photographs you've been taking lately!

    ReplyDelete