Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So grateful! Part 1


This past week, I have felt extremely blessed and grateful for the people in my life. Last Saturday my biological father's family threw me a baby shower and I am overwhelmed with gratitude towards them. Why it touched me so much is because I have not been very close with his family.

My dad's parents, Nana and Gramps, have been the most incredible grandparents I have had. They are the ones who came to every ballet performance, and came to watch me perform at football games. I have very, very sweet and endearing memories with them and they are my favorite grandma and grandpa. They would always come up to Layton to take us out and let us sleep over. They would stay up late with us and watch any movie of our choice and then make us breakfast the next morning. Even now, as I am writing this, I am getting emotional and teary eyed thinking about them. I love them so much and I am so thankful to have had them in my life. Furthermore, their other children have been incredible as well. They always make sure we're invited to everything and in turn, they have tried to be a part of our lives. I haven't had the opportunity to really get to know them at a very personal level and so when my three aunts offered to throw me a shower, I was so touched that they would do that. Not a ton of my cousins know me very well and I am sure some of their spouses wonder who the heck I am but they came and supported me. I love the Mulvay family and my children will know them. I love them very much and they mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment