Friday, April 24, 2009

Getting the hang of it!

Thank you all for your great suggestions and feedback. It's weird, everyday I wake up with a renewed sense of dedication and commitment to getting breastfeeding down and for the past three days, it's worked! Gabbie is doing great and getting the hang of it and I am definitely more at ease with the whole thing. Thank goodness! No one tells you how frustrating the process can be!

We're doing great and we're all getting used to the new schedule Gabbie has brought to our lives. She sleeps pretty well throughout the night and since she has started to master breastfeeding, life is so much easier! WHEW! We're still pretty tired but that's to be expected. Todd goes back to work next week and I am a tad nervous about being alone but Gabbie and I will just deal with it and develop our own schedules together so we can make it work. We are totally in love with our little girl and are glad she is ours!

2 comments:

  1. Pheww! I have been worrying about you! I am SO happy to hear things are getting easier. Breastfeeding is hard work but the bonding you get from it makes it worth it. Serioulsy, if you can make it through the first 2 weeks, your good to go! I tried to call you a couple times this week but I didn't leave you a message. It was just some venting...

    Well I hope you are getting enough rest, give your little Gabbie an extra kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great - so glad it is working out. And I LOVE the new picture of her by the way - I hope you send us one!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete