Sunday, May 3, 2009

Life with a baby


It's amazing how much you can love your child. Already Gabbie has both of us wrapped tightly around her little finger and both of us would do anything for her. Gabbie is a typical newborn sleeping about 3 hours and then wanting to eat and then not sleeping at night. I know we will get used to this and this is only temporary so I'm trusting what everyone keeps telling us that things will get better. Already there are a ton of things I love about her and I know as she gets older, we will find more and more things about her that will make us smile.

What I love about Gabbie:
-She loves to cuddle and be held very tight and close to me.
-When she wakes up in the morning, she and I have staring contests. I love looking into her big blue eyes.
-She hates to fart and poop and makes the funniest sounds when she is pushing
-She HAS to always have something to suck on and always has to have her hands by her face.
-Most often, when I'm changing her diaper, she pees all over me
-She smiles in her sleep and I think she is trying to smile at us sometimes
-I love kissing and holding her
-I love her skinny, little spindly body
-She loves to be close to me all the time. This can be hard to get things done so I just put her in a sling across my chest and she falls right asleep.

Life is busy, hectic, and tiring but life with a baby is well worth it! Todd has been amazing to both me and Gabbie and he honestly deserves the husband of the year award. He is always helping out around the house, runs errands, holds Gabbie when I need a break and even gets up at night to change her. He is wonderful and I am so thankful we have him!

3 comments:

  1. I love the tenderness that comes out in husbands when a child enters the home. So sweet. Your little Gabbie is darling. When can I come see you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabbie is a lucky little girl, to have such loving and wonderful parents. Am glad to hear you are enjoying parenthood so far! Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a doll, I am glad to hear that you are doing well and are not stressed!

    ReplyDelete