Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Rice cereal, trip to the aquarium, and carpal tunnel
That's a random title isn't it? A lot has been going on at the Crane household. We went to Gabbie's four month appointment and her doc gave us the okay to try rice cereal if she was interested. Was she ever! I was a little surprised at how well she was able to get the whole eating with her tongue thing down and she gobbled her rice cereal right up. Now whenever we sit down to eat as a family, she watches us eat our "grown up" food intently and sometimes opens her mouth as if we are supposed to share with her. Sorry baby! Not quite time for that milestone yet! She is even making yummy sounds when we feed her her cereal. I love my little girl!



Recently some darling girls in my ward/neighborhood invited us along to go to the aquarium in Sandy. I didn't think Gabbie would enjoy what was going on but she was alert and looked at all the fish and colors. I ended up buying a yearly pass because it is $8 to go once and $16 for a season pass. I figured you go twice and the pass is paid for plus it will give us something to do during the doldrums of winter. The aquarium is pretty cute and actually pretty good considering the fact we live in Utah. I look forward to doing more things like this with Gabbie and teaching her about the big world she lives in. She loves to get out and socialize and look at everything around her.


Lastly, Todd had to have surgery on his right hand for Carpal Tunnel. YUCK! It is acutally a very simple procedure but it's left him sore and unable to adequately use his hand for a while. For a few days he couldn't hold Gabbie and he had to wear a splint that he was supposed to keep elevated for a couple of days. His hand has been hurting him for quite a while and I am glad we got the surgery done for him so he is able to work without pain. The medication he has to take to prevent it from throbbing makes him really loopy and sometimes he'll say some pretty funny things to me and I have to ask him if he has any idea what he just said. Poor guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gabbie is so cute! She looks like her momma in those pictures. :) Hope Todd gets feeling better soon. Guess what! We are looking to make a trip up to UT in early February! We HAVE to get together so I can meet Gabbie!
ReplyDeleteShe is getting so big. And she is absolutely beautiful, of course! We definitely need to do more with the kiddos now that it is fall and not so darn hot!
ReplyDelete